What is the Social Enterprise qualification?
This qualification is an opportunity for students to access education and learning in a unique and interesting way.
Students will learn about what a Social Enterprise is, whilst being given the opportunity to set up and run their own business, in order to have an impact on their school or local community.
Business groups will be allocated and the participants will be engaged with hands-on, real life learning which can inspire and prepare them for a career in the business world, as well as develop personal attributes such as self-esteem and confidence.
Who is the programme targeted towards?
This course is ideal for Year 9/10 students.
It provides an opportunity for Gifted and Talented students to further their interest and education within Business Studies and Social Enterprise.
However, it is also a positive tool for re-engaging with students who are lacking motivation and interest towards their education.
With the unique selling point that the students have the freedom of choice as well as a chance to raise money for a worthwhile cause, this has been a great behaviour management tool in many schools.
By the end of this programme, students will:
- Develop their communication skills through group activities and setting up their business
- Improve mathematical skills by understanding how to make a profit in a business
- Further their knowledge of Business and Social Enterprise including advertising and promotional skills, customer service and product analysis
- Have a better understanding of social and environmental issues in their local community, and how to help tackle these
- Increase self-esteem and self-confidence through running their trading activity
This qualification can benefit the pupils in your school for numerous reasons including both hard and soft outcomes such as increased self-esteem, better behaviour, and improved attendance.
- 84% of students show an increase in engagement and motivation towards their education
- 95% of students say they have felt an increase in confidence and self-esteem
- 98% of students pass this qualification
“The students have greatly benefited from participating in this project. They are much more confident now than they were back in September 2016.”
David Chapman, Vice Principal at Aston University Engineering Academy
"Their attitudes towards learning has improved, so has their punctuality and attendance across the school. Furthermore, we believe that an opportunity to set up a “business” for a day will give them a hands on experience of running a business in a real world.”
Razzah Askari, Class Teacher
For more information contact our Education Officer
Phone: 0121 327 2299 Ext. 586