The Social Enterprise Academy is an opportunity for students to access education and learning in a unique and interesting way.
Students will learn about what a Social Enterprise is, whilst being given the opportunity to set-up and run their own business in order to have an impact on their school or local community.
Business groups will be allocated and the participants will be engaged with hands-on, real life learning which can inspire and prepare them for a career in the business world, as well as develop personal attributes such as self-esteem and confidence.
By the end of this programme, students will:
• Develop their communication skills through group activities and setting up their business
• Improve mathematical skills by understanding how to make a profit in a business
• Further their knowledge of business and social enterprise including advertising and promotional skills, customer service and product analysis
• Have a better understanding of social and environmental issues in their local community and how to help tackle these
• Increase self-esteem and self-confidence through running their trading activity
This course is ideal for year 9/10 students. It provides an opportunity for Gifted and Talented students to further their interest and education within business studies and social enterprise.
However, it is also a positive tool for re-engaging with students who are lacking motivation and interest towards their education.
With the unique selling point that the students have the freedom of choice as well as a chance to raise money for a worthwhile cause, this has been a great behaviour management tool in many schools.
This qualification has benefited pupils from local schools for numerous reasons including both hard and soft outcomes such as increased self-esteem, better behaviour, and improved attendance.
• 84% of students show an increase in engagement and motivation towards their education
• 95% of students say they have felt an increase in confidence and self-esteem
• 98% of students pass this qualification
For more information about the Social Enterprise Academy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 327 2299 (Ext 586).