£9.53 per hour
Part time, variable hours (first team home games, including weekends and evenings)
Closing date: Friday 2nd March 2018
Interviews date: Thursday 15th March 2018 (evening)
Aston Villa Football Club are currently recruiting for Matchday Stewards to join our Stewarding team.
Based at Villa Park, the successful candidates will play a vital role in creating a safe and enjoyable matchday experience for our customers in and around the stadium.
Key responsibilities of the role will include
- Attending briefings with Senior Stewards prior to matches and working in any area as directed by the Chief or Senior Steward
- Conducting checks of the stand before and after a match
- Ensuring the safety of all the customers within the allocated area
- Providing a high level of customer service in a friendly and courteous manner including searching, assisting in finding seats within the stadium and answering any queries
- Ensuring that all customers adhere to the stadium safety regulations, such as no smoking
- Managing any conflict that arises from the enforcement of stadium regulations in a calm and professional manner, escalating issues to the Senior Steward as necessary
- Completing incident forms for all incidents and passing to the Senior Steward
Skills and experience required
- Must be 18 years of age or over due to legislation
- A QCF in Crowd Management/Safety or equivalent - training will be provided
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- A highly customer focused approach
To apply please send your CV and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlotte Buckell, Human Resources Co-ordinator, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.
Aston Villa Football Club celebrates the diversity of its club and its supporters.
As part of this, Aston Villa Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To allow us to monitor this, we ask all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
All information provided will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment.
The questionnaire will be detached from your statement of interest, stored separately and used only to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
Please be aware that shortlisted candidates will need to be available on the evening of Thursday 15th March 2018.