Aston Villa will be holding trials for potential Ball Assistants for the new 2017/18 season.
This position is in a voluntary capacity and you must be aged between 14 and 15 (entrants should be in school years 10 or 11 on September 1, 2017).
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applicants outside this age range.
The trials are to take place at the Indoor Academy at Villa Park on Sunday June 4, 2017 from 11am to 1pm.
Successful candidates will also need to be available on the evening of Wednesday June 14, 2017 to attend an induction from 6.30pm.
Trialists must be fit and able to take part in a physical trial, which will include speed, agility, and throwing tests.
Please note parents/guardians must attend the trial with either their son or daughter.
Anyone interested must pre-register by Wednesday May 24, 2017 by emailing email@example.com.
Please include the trialist's name, parent/guardian name, date of birth, contact number.
Vacancy at Villa: Video Producer Editor
Reporting to the Video Production Manager, you will help deliver outstanding video products for our audience.
Working from match day, training ground and office environments you will be able to quickly identify, capture, edit and produce sporting stories that resonate with our fans.
We are looking for a Video Producer Editor that is an excited and skilled moving image and social video practitioner; one that has a diverse sporting and media production background that can be used as reference for a fresh perspective on Club challenges.
Individuals who possess a strong visual instinct and a refined story sense should apply immediately.
Your output will work across all user–facing channels, bringing the best moving image stories and products to fans across the world.
Responsible for filming content in and around a football environment. May include action footage, player and manager interviews, press conferences, shows, features and match-day activities. Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment and lighting prior to filming.
Working in both single and multi-camera operational conditions, you will be asked to combine your knowledge of technology with creative visual skills.
Responsible for producing & editing raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcast across all of Aston Villa’s video platforms.
Additional post-production responsibilities may include grading/colouring footage, correcting footage, editing audio, creating graphical elements.
Such video platforms include the club’s online subscription service (AVTV), Aston Villa’s official YouTube channel.
This position would also include the production of videos for internal use.
Essential skills and experience required:
- A wide-ranging television & digital media experience.
- Highly proficient in the use of HD video camera equipment.
- Ability to function as one person shoot/edit/presenting crew.
- Script/prepare/plan interviews and content formats for video output.
- Proficient in the use of Mac products and software.
- Extensive knowledge of television/film production.
- Ability to recognise the most suitable shot for any occasion and an understanding of the visual impact created by particular shots.
- Ability to frame and compose shots and perform camera moves accurately.
- Ability to find solutions to technical and practical problems.
- When filming on location, for example, it is particularly important to deal with any light and sound issues.
- Experience working with content specifically destined for Asian media channels.
- Mandarin / Chinese language skills are desirable.
Closing Date: 9 June 2017.
To apply please send your CV and covering letters, including your current salary details and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org or Lucy Ford, Human Resources Business Partner, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.