Variable Hours Contract (Matchdays Evenings & Weekends)
Aston Villa Football Club are looking to recruit passionate, proactive and flexible individuals that can support our Turnstile Operations as and when required, on match days at Villa Park.
The attendances at Villa Park can vary from 25,000 to 42,000 sell outs, either for matches when we have higher attendances or for occasions, we are recruiting a flexible team we could call on, sometimes at short notice as and when required.
Operation of the turnstile on matchdays
Ensuring that spectators are only admitted through the turnstile when they present season ticket cards/bar coded tickets/print at home tickets that activate the appropriate lights
Follow appropriate procedures when dealing with season ticket cards/bar coded tickets/print at home tickets that activate a red light
The number of completed season ticket card/bar coded ticket/print at home transactions equal to the number of spectators admitted through the turnstile
Ensuring that the turnstile is operated and cash transactions are handled appropriately and in accordance with the guidance
Offer assistance to spectators as they approach turnstiles, guiding them through the turnstiles
Reporting incidents or requirements for maintenance to Turnstile Supervisor
Essential skills and experience required
Excellent interpersonal skills
Understanding of how to interact effectively with customers
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Professional but friendly approach
Highly customer focused
Closing Date: December 6, 2017
To apply please send your CV and covering letters to email@example.com or Lisa Bailey, Human Resources Business Partner, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.
Social Media Executive (China)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Media Executive (China).
Reporting to the Head of Media & Content and senior managers, the role will be responsible for the production and delivery of the club’s editorial content via digital and social media channels, with particular focus on the China market.
You will have the ability to come up with fresh new features and project ideas which will drive new users towards the official site and increase social media reach in China.
- Responsible for the production and delivery of the club’s editorial content via digital and social media channels, with particular focus on the China market
- Work with AVTV & Editorial colleagues for content creation, quality and effectiveness working within the marketing and communications department
- Work across all platforms of the club relevant to the China-facing business - website,social media channels
- Generating interesting and innovative content
- To develop content treatments in order to interview a vast array of personalities across the club, players, management, officials and former players. This will include football stories and corporate articles for our various in-house departments
- Assist with our extensive matchday coverage, from tweeting build-up pictures, communicating with fans in our game console and uploading match reports
- Responsible for planning and delivery of campaigns, third party relationships and reporting
- Extend club awareness, extend a fan base reach and develop more thorough communication with existing fan base
- Design, plan and execute all club social media activity related to global markets
- Monitoring of all social media channels and ongoing community management
- Responsible for editorial, imagery and video for social media platforms
Essential skills and experience required
- A graduate level qualification is essential
- Speak fluent Mandarin, Cantonese and English
- Excellent standard of written communication in Mandarin, Cantonese and English
- Able to travel internationally at short notice if required
- Experience of working on high-performance social media channels on a daily basis
- Ability to create engaging content for such channels
- Experience of reporting on KPIs around social content
- Experience of making editorial decisions
- Ability to write and produce content to tight deadlines
- Experience of managing social tools and services on a daily basis
- Able to define and manage social media processes and/or issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- Experience of working within a social media production unit preferably within the sports sector is desirable
- A National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) or equivalent journalism experience is desirable
- Experience of growing reach and engagement for sports rights holders through such channels
- Good Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of, and understanding of, Mobile App Production
- Experience in social media development projects from inception to delivery
- Knowledge of relevant digital and social media channels, tools, delivery mechanisms and best practice
- Team building, communication, relationship building and networking skills
- Available to work matchdays (evenings & weekends) is essential
Location: Birmingham – Villa Park
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
Opening date: Tuesday November 14, 2017
Closing date: Wednesday December 13, 2017
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, including your current salary details and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org or Lucy Ford, Human Resources Business Partner, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.
Closing date Wednesday December 13, 2017.