The Club are looking for a Head of Academy Recruitment to be responsible for the management and organisation of player identification and recruitment through the Foundation, Youth Development and into the Elite Player phase.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
• Develop an appropriate Academy recruitment strategy each season
• Work with the Club's Academy Manager to identify, recruit and develop talent
• Develop a system that will identify and recruit players from all possible player markets
• Develop and manage an effective network of local, national and international scouts to cover designated areas
• Train and mentor members of staff
• Forge links and develop relationships with local providers within the Community, Player Agencies, Category 1/2/3 Clubs, International Clubs / National Agencies
• Ensure staff complete regular in service training
• Promote a positive image of the Aston Villa Academy at all times
• Co-ordinate EPPP audit and ongoing assessment / evaluation against the standards required at any given time
• Follow the Club's Child Protection Code of Conduct and adhere to the Club's Child Protection policies and procedures at all times
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• Proven experience in the identification and recruitment of players in professional youth football
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy - good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with industry relevant scouting software would be an advantage
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your current CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the position, to the HR Department, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham B6 6HE.
Closing date for applications is Thursday August 14, 2014.