The Club are looking for a training analyst to implement the use of the GPS in both youth and elite development squads.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
• Ensure all data is downloaded and reports produced for the necessary staff within required timescales
• Highlight any concerns to relevant staff
• Produce weekly, monthly and seasonal reports for the Sports Science & Medicine dept
• Use GPS data in co-ordination with other relevant data to provide guidance to coaching staff
• Daily setup and set down of training analysis equipment and provisions.
• Provide sport science support to the Aston Villa Academy when required
The successful candidate must have:
• A degree (or equivalent) in sports science or associated discipline
• A commitment to continued professional development
• The ability to implement innovative ideas, problem solve and make decisions
• Good understanding of IT and the ability to use computer based programmes. Extensive knowledge of Excel, Power Pivot and modelling software i.e. Matlab, is preferred but not essential.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your current CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the position, to the HR Department, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham B6 6HE or by email to Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday September 5, 2014.