Half-Time competition terms and conditions
1.The promoter of this competition is Aston Villa Football Club Limited, Villa Park, Birmingham B6 6HE (the "Club").
2.This competition is to win an opportunity to take a kick at half-time at the Aston Villa v West Brom FA Cup match on March 7, 2015 (the "Match").
3. Entry to the competition is only open to UK resident Aston Villa Season Ticket Holders who are 18 years of age or over.
4. By entering this competition you warrant and represent that you or the person who will be taking the kick on your behalf in accordance with clause 13 below are physically able to take a kick as described in these terms and conditions and that there is no reason (medical or otherwise) why you (or the person taking the kick on your behalf) should not take part in this competition.
5. Only one entry per person may be submitted. Multiple entries, automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries on behalf of any person, syndicate, group, society or company will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and the Club believes or has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner has made more than one entry, the Club reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
6. Entries will only be accepted if received by the Club by 5pm on the fourth working day before the match. The Club reserves the right to reject any entries not received by this time and date or any entry which is incomplete or incorrect or where the Club has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
7. The time of the entry will be the time of receipt of the entry as recorded by the Club.
8.The Club will not be liable for any entries which are lost, incomplete, corrupted or delayed as a result of any technical error or failure. The Club is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition.
Selection of Winners of Kick
9. Four winners will be chosen at random from all of the correct entries within 24 hours of the closing date.
10. Winners will be notified by the Club, by telephone only, within 24 hours of the closing date. Losing entries will not receive any notification.
11. In the event that:-
a. the Club is unable to make personal contact (not voicemail) with a winner within 48 hours of the closing date; or
b. a winner is unable to attend the Match; or
c.a winner notifies the Club that they do not wish to take part; that winner will forfeit the opportunity to take a kick and the Club reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
12. The Club will send a confirmation email to the final confirmed winners within 72 hours of the closing date.
13. Unless a winner is registered as disabled or is in receipt of the medium or higher rate component of DLA, each winner must take their kick personally.Where a winner is registered disabled or is in receipt of the medium or higher rate component of DLA (and wishes to do so), that winner may choose an alternate to take the kick on their behalf.
14. Winners should note that taking a kick is a physical activity and that those people who are taking kicks must therefore be appropriately dressed and, in particular, wearing appropriate non-slip footwear before they will be allowed to participate. Those people taking a kick should also note that the pitch may be wet and extreme care should therefore be taken whilst taking a kick. Those people taking a kick will be expected to sign the Club's standard disclaimer for physical activities before taking part.
15. Upon arrival at the match, the Club will request sight of each winner's confirmation email, season ticket and proof of each winner's identity in the form of a passport or driver's licence (with photocard). Where a winner is registered disabled or in receipt of the medium or higher rate component of DLA, the Club will request proof of that fact. In the event that a winner cannot produce their confirmation email, season ticket, provide the Club with proof which is reasonably acceptable to the Club or (in the Club's opinion) is not appropriate dressed or physically fit enough to take a kick that winner will forfeit the opportunity to take a kick and the Club reserves the right to select another winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
16. The Club will collect each winner from their allocated season ticket seat just before half-time at the match. In the event that the Club cannot locate a winner before the half-time whistle, that winner will forfeit the opportunity to take a kick and the Club reserves the right to select another winner.
17. The kick must be taken from the left hand corner of the penalty area at the Holte End of Villa Park, towards a banner placed on the pitch.In the event that a winner (or their alternate) takes a kick and the majority of the ball lands on a segment of the banner, that winner will (subject to clause 18 below) receive the prize that relates to that segment.
18. Where the prize relating to a particular segment of the banner has already been won (or is otherwise unavailable), any winner whose kick lands on that segment will be entitled to take another kick. Save as set out in this clause, each winner shall only be entitled to one kick.
19. Where the ball lands overlapping two segments of the banner, the prize relating to the segment on which the majority of the ball sits (in the Club's sole opinion) will be the prize awarded to the winner. Where the ball lands overlapping the banner and the pitch, the winner will only receive a prize in the event that the majority of the ball (in the Club's opinion) is on the banner.
20. Prizes will not be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of winners whether illegal or otherwise.
21. The decision of the Club is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The prizes are as set out on the Club's website at www.avfc.co.uk/HalfTimeCompetition. Prizes are subject to availability and to any published restrictions. The prizes are non-transferable and non-negotiable. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an alternate takes a kick for a winner, it is the winner (and not the alternate) that will win a prize. No cash alternatives are offered. The Club reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize should the specified prize become unavailable.
23. In the event that a winner is to receive a prize, the Club will contact each winner as soon as practicable after the match to make arrangements for the winner to receive their prize.
24. If prizes are to be posted:-
a.they will only be sent to a UK address; and
b.the Club accepts no responsibility and no liability if any prize is lost or damaged whilst in transit.
25. By entering this Competition you give the Club your permission to publish your name and the name of the town and county where you live in all and any Club-controlled media (including in matchday programmes and on the Club's website (www.avfc.co.uk).
26. Winners will be required to participate in publicity including being filmed and having such footage appear on the Club's website.
27. The name and county of the winners may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to Marketing Department, Aston Villa Football Club Limited, Villa Park, Birmingham B6. Data Protection
29. Entry to the Competition is free but you should be aware that you may be subject to local data charges depending on your own individual arrangements for internet access.
30. Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Club or otherwise and accordingly the Club may at its absolute discretion and for any reason suspend, vary, cancel or amend the Competition and/or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving notice and you agree that no liability shall attach to the Club as a result thereof.
31. The competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Adobe Flash Plug-in Needed
This website requires a Adobe Flash plug-in. Please download the latest version of the Flash plug-in by clicking here